T he Covid-19 pandemic has strongly disrupted lives, families, communities and businesses for the past few months with our Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) business being no exclusion. As we currently had to cease all our client facing operations, we have taken this opportunity to shift our focus to the continuous improvement of our internal processes, and in particular our quality and technical competency standards. Thus, DM NDT has been accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) as a certified laboratory under the Singapore Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAC-SINGLAS) in compliance with the recognised International Standard ISO/IEC 17025. The certification has been issued for the field of Non-Destructive Testing and covers the following NDT techniques:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT): a) Contact Method / Flaw Detection b) Ultrasonic Thickness Gauging
- Penetrant Testing (PT): a) Visible Solvent Removable Technique b) Visible Water Washable Technique
- Eddy Current Testing: Weld and surface scanning
The SINGLAS accreditation plays an important role in improving our business efficiency and competitiveness, enhancing client and end user confidence in our quality systems and technical competency. The process of accreditation assesses and recognises the technical competence and effective management processes of a professional service provider and its staff, setting the standard of testing and calibration services in Singapore.
SAC-accredited laboratories are benchmarked against the highest international technical and management system standards of ISO/IEC 17025 – General Requirements for the Competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
The laboratories are assessed by technical experts from specific fields of testing and calibration with these experts coming from the industry, government bodies and tertiary institutions.
SAC-SINGLAS accreditation is only granted for specific tests and calibrations in specific fields such as Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Laboratories are only allowed to issue SAC-endorsed reports for accredited tests and calibration techniques.
- Assurance of competence: An accredited laboratory provides confidence that the competence of the laboratory engaged for testing and calibration complies with international standards.
- High quality standards: Testing facilities are guaranteed to follow international quality standards through regular surveillance visits.
- Risk mitigation: A SAC-accredited laboratory ensures products are professionally tested, minimising the risk of re-testing and re-working of your products.
- Customer trust: Using an accredited laboratory will improve your company’s credibility and further build customer trust.
About the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC)
The Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) is the national accreditation body of Singapore. Managed by Enterprise Singapore, SAC maintains the integrity and impartiality of conformity assessment practices. The Council builds global trust in Singapore’s products and services by strengthening the country’s technical infrastructure for conformity assessments, as well as forging Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRAs) with its economic partners. It operates a range of accreditation programmes that provide independent assessment and formal recognition of the competence of companies in performing specific types of testing, calibration, inspection, certification and other related activities. The accreditation criteria for determining the competence of companies are based on the relevant international standard.
For more information or enquiries regarding our SAC-accredited NDT services or our other specialist inspection, repair and maintenance solutions such as rope access services or industrial training courses, please get in touch.