We are recruiting a Trainee ROV Pilot who will safely and effectively operate remote vehicle and associated systems in the pursuit of project objectives and deliverables on board the nominated workboat.
Ensuring that all aspects of the Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) operation they are asked to carry out are in accordance with the ROV operation Manual and the business management system (BMS).
- To assist with ROV operations as instructed and in accordance with approved procedures and policies.
- To complete, as requested, daily documentation and produce accurate detailed reports as well as project deliverables.
- To perform remote vehicle and possess positive, hands-on systems maintenance, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic repair of the ROV and various ancillary systems in compliance with schedules to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Assist with system stock control.
- To perform corrective and equipment breakdown reporting and system stock control.
- Launch and Recovery of ROV system.
- Attend training courses and seminars as required by the Company.
- Mentally and physically able and prepared to work on a vessel and shipyard environment in most conditions.
- Capable of performing task under supervision & without direct supervision.
- Ability to coordinate dive records, video and written logs/ reports.
- Capable of interpreting and using navigation aids.
- Brainstorming and Performing upgrades activities related to installation, troubleshooting, calibration and fabrication to improve operational, technical efficiency the design and capabilities of the ROV.
- Ability to work outdoors on-board ships, possess a level of physical fitness appropriate to the job requirements, and is able to work irregular shifts hours (when required) based on operations schedules.
- To ensure prior to any dive of the submersible that all pre/ post dive checks have been completed.
- On completion of the dive to immediately inform the ROV Supervisor of any faults or deficiencies encountered during the period of the dive.
Minimum Qualifications Required: A nationally recognized Technician qualification in a relevant technical subject ( Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic).
Preferred Diploma(s) (if applicable): -Higher National Diploma(HND) in relevant Engineering subject( Mechanical/ electrical/ electronic/ hydraulic).
Minimum Working Experience (if applicable): Minimum of 2 years offshore experience preferable but not necessary operating/ maintaining ROV’s and associated launch and recovery system. Awareness of company safety management system & emergency procedures. Housekeeping practices, communications between colleagues/ client/ office.
Required/Preferred Competencies (if applicable): Strong technical knowledge in electrical and electronics engineering. Those with mechanical engineering background are also welcome to apply. Possess basic computer skills.
Please send your applications to :